Requirements and Suggestions
(07 Dec 2005)
After your Proposal has been accepted at the Open Forum it is time to begin work on your Bid. A strong Bid will demonstrate the hard work and effort you made to prepare your city to host the CMWC.
Bids are submitted 1 year in advance of your desired hosting year after a successful proposal.
- Your Bid in print form to be distributed in every racer package. This will make sure everyone knows your intentions, not just the Open Forum. It¹s a great time to promote. … Once more you¹ll be subjected to the questions of everyone attending the Open Forums. Be prepared for anything. … A presentation of your Bid at the Open Forums, in person, as many organizers as you can muster.
Information required as part of your written Bid
- Each member of your team of organizers will now have a specified task or department. Who are they and what are they?
- Your CMWC logo must be ready.
- Your CMWC website must be functional.
- Race course permits. You haven¹t got the race yet, why do you need the permits? At this stage you don¹t but you need some evidence that the course will be available. Who have you talked to about the proposed site of the Main Race?
- Insurance is very important. Know what you will need and who will provide it.
- Who are your Main Sponsors?
- Preliminary event budget
- The exact date and approximate schedule of events. Including Main Race, side events, parties, workshops and forums.
- Housing plans, ideas and recommendations.
Suggested additional preparation / Guidelines
- A letter of welcome from your city council
- Venues for your side events, parties and forums.